1. All Market hogs are to be owned and cared for by the exhibitor as of May 7, 2016. Tagging of the hogs will be May 13, 2017 from 8 am to 10 am at the Frederick County Fair Grounds. One dollar will be charged per animal tagged. Multiple animals may be tagged but exhibitors are limited to showing two (2) market hogs.
2. ALL GENERAL LIVESTOCK RULES WILL APPLY TO SWINE EXHIBITORS. PLEASE READ!
3. All market hog entries must be brought onto the Fairgrounds between 7:30 am and 12:00 noon on Fair Monday.
4. All exhibitors are required to participate in hog showmanship classes.
5. Market hogs will be shown by weight. All market hogs will be weighed and graded at approximately 2:00 pm on Fair Monday. Exhibitors should be present when their animal is weighed.
6. All market hogs must weigh between 210 and 280 pounds to be eligible to sell. There will be no allowances in weight given at weigh-in time.
7. Classes will be determined on the day of the show by weight breaks. Separate classes will be made for light hogs (less than 210 pounds) and heavy hogs (over
280 pounds). Lightweight and heavyweight hogs will not be eligible for the market animal auction. Grand and Reserve Champion Hog must be sold at the
market animal sale on Friday. There will be a $10.00 fee deducted from each animal sold to be used for hog sale publicity.
8. Exhibitors will be responsible for re-penning their hogs after the sale. The exhibitor will feed and care for the animal until the buyer or other persons authorized by the Fair removes it from the Fairgrounds.
9. The Market Hog Chairperson and the Fair Association Livestock Committee reserve the right to view exhibitor’s animals from the tagging date until the opening of the Fair.
10. The Market Hog Chairperson and the Fair Association reserve the right to make any necessary changes during the Fair Week.
11. Failure to abide by these rules will result in the disqualification of that individual’s animal(s) in question.