|Frederick County Fair Open Horse Show|
Frederick County Fair Open Horse Show
Hosted by the Golden Horseshoe 4-H Club
Located at Frederick County Fairgrounds
Saturday July 22, 2017
Youth show all day for $45; Adults for $50
(per horse/rider combination)
Or $10 per class for youth; $12 for adults
Jackpot classes $15.00 (not included in the all day fees)
Classes start promptly at 9:00 a.m. rain or shine
For More Information: Rose (540) 877-4935 or Faye (540) 533-7029
1. Hunter Showmanship - Beginner
2. Hunter Showmanship – Junior
3. Hunter Showmanship – Senior
4. Hunter Showmanship - Open
5. Gaited Showmanship - Open
6. Exceptional Rider Showmanship
7. Western Showmanship - Beginner
8. Western Showmanship – Junior
9. Western Showmanship – Senior
10. Western Showmanship - Open
11. Leadline Equitation- Ages 8-under
12. Exceptional Rider
10 Minute Warm Up
13.Hunter Under Saddle - Beginner (Walk/Trot)
14. Hunter Under Saddle – Junior (Walk/Trot/Canter)
15. Hunter Under Saddle – Senior (Walk/Trot/Canter)
16. Hunter Under Saddle – Open (Walk/Trot/Canter)
17.. Hunt Seat Equitation – Beginner (Walk/Trot)
18. Hunt Seat Equitation – Junior (Walk/Trot/Canter)
19. Hunt Seat Equitation – Senior (Walk/Trot/Canter)
20. Hunt Seat Equitation – Open (Walk/Trot/Canter)
10 Minute Break
21. Gaited Pleasure Gait- Open
22. Gaited Equitation -Open
23. Go As You Please Jackpot- Open (All Riders, show attire excused)
10 Minute Break
24. Western Pleasure - Beginner (Walk, Jog)
25. Western Pleasure – Junior (Walk/Jog/Lope)
26. Western Pleasure – Senior (Walk/Jog/Lope)
27. Western Pleasure – Open (Walk/Jog/Lope)
28. Western Horsemanship – Beginner (Walk, Jog)
29. Western Horsemanship – Junior (Walk/Jog/Lope)
30. Western Horsemanship – Senior (Walk/Jog/Lope)
31. Western Horsemanship – Open (Walk/Jog/Lope)
32. Working Western – Open
33. Western/Hunter Command – Open (show attire excused)
34. Cloverleaf Barrel Race – Open
35. Barrel Race- Open Jack Pot
36. Flag Race– Open
37. Pole Bending – Open
38. Catalog Race
39. Trail Class- Open
Trail Class will be judged immediately following Showmanship and will close by 2pm
Jackpot Pay Out- 60% of entry fees paid out as
1st 40% 2nd 30% 3rd 20% 4th 10% (Must have at least 6 entries)
High Point Winners will be awarded for the following Divisions:
Western (Beginner, Jr., Sr. Open ): High Point Winner
Hunter (Beginner, Jr., Sr., Open): High Point Winner
Gaited ( Open): High Point Winner)
Gymkhana (Open) : High Point Winner
Food Concessions on grounds all day!
1. Current Negative Coggins (within 12 months) must be presented upon entering the
2. Protective headgear must be worn when mounted.
3. Appropriate tack and attire are requested in all classes.
4. The judge’s decision is final.
5. NO DOGS ALLOWED! (this is for everyone’s safety)
6. This is an Open Horse Show. Everyone is Welcome!
7. Each participant must sign an equine waiver form.
8. The show committee reserves the right to refuse any entry or to combine, change,
divide and/or cancel any classes .
9. Classes will be judged according to the State 4-H Horse Show Rulebook.
10. The Virginia Cooperative Extension Office, Golden Horseshoe 4-H Club and the Frederick County Fairgrounds will not be held responsible for injuries to horses, riders or spectators or for damage or theft of property.
11. Virginia Cooperative Extension programs and employment are open to all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, national origin, disability, or political affiliation. If you are a person with a disability and require auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations for this event, please discuss your needs with VCE at (540) 665-5699 two weeks prior to the event.
12. A two-minute gate call will be enforced.
13. Good sportsmanship and horsemanship will be enforced.
14. No alcoholic beverages permitted.
15. Ribbons to 6th place.
16. The following definitions will apply:
Leadline: 8 years or under as of 9/30/2017
Beginner: Showing in first or second show
Junior: 9 – 13 years as of 9/30/2017
Senior: 14 – 19 years as of 9/30/2017
Open: All Ages
DIRECTIONS To get to the Frederick County Fairgrounds in Winchester, VA, just take I-81 to Exit 317 (Stephenson), go North onto U.S. Route 11 (Martinsburg Pike), and drive for about 2.7 miles. The fairgrounds are on the left.
Western (Beginner, Junior, Senior, Open): Show High Point Winner (includes all western Showmanship, Pleasure and Horsemanship)
Hunter (Beginner, Junior, Senior, Open): Show High Point Winner (includes Showmanship, under saddle, and equitation)
Gaited (Open): Show High Point Winner (includes Showmanship, Pleasure Gait and Equitation)
Gymkanna ( Open): Show High Point Winner (includes barrels, poles and flags)