Chairperson – Kim Black
SPECIAL RULES AND JUDGING CRITERIA
Garden Produce, Fruits and Vegetables
- Exhibitors should not wash produce before displaying.
- Onions and beets should have a 2” stem.
- Onions should not be peeled.
- Stems should be removed from tomatoes.
Judging Suggestions – “Based on Consumer Appeal”
- Entries should be of uniform size and shape.
- Entries should be of good color and free of blemishes.
- Produce should not be over ripe and spoiled.
- Hay should be green and leafy, free of mold, dust or other foreign objects. It should be cut and cured at the proper stage and have a desirable smell.
- Grains should be free of mold, broken grains and foreign material.
Judging Criteria for 5x5 Comb Honey will be as follows:
- Neatness and uniformity of cut; Absence of liquid honey.
- Absence of watery caps, uncapped cells and pollen.
- Cleanliness of the product.
- Appearance: color, structure and comb thickness.
Judging Criteria for Jar Honey will be as follows:
- Absence of crystals
- Cleanliness: free of lint, dirt, wax, foam
- Container Appearance: cleanliness and neatness